Rehabilitative Centre at the Tree Top Hospital include all treatment given to patients, as designed by qualified therapists. Our Rehabilitative services include physiotherapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy.
Our specialized healthcare team is dedicated to improving, maintaining or restoring physical strength, cognition and mobility with maximized results, after a person has suffered an illness or injury.
- Pain management
- Musculoskeletal conditions (orthopaedics)
- Neurological conditions
- Cardiothoracic conditions
- Orthopaedic conditions
- Sports injuries
- Paediatric conditions such as Cerebral Palsy, Autism, Downs Syndrome and delay milestone management.
- Pre and post-operative conditions
- Geriatric conditions
- Speech and Language disorders such as fluency disorders, Voice disorders, Articulation disorders and Aphasia
- Hearing disorders such as Presbycusis, tinnitus and auditory verbal therapy
Physiotherapists assess, plan and implement rehabilitative programs that improve or restore human motor functions, maximize movement ability, relieve pain syndromes and treat or prevent physical challenges associated with injuries, diseases and other impairments. They apply a broad range of physical therapies and techniques such as movement, ultrasound, heating, laser and other techniques.
- Laser therapy
- Shock wave therapy
- Short wave diathermy
- Interferential therapy
- Ultrasound therapy
- Wax therapy –
- Muscle stimulation
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS)
- Kinesiology Taping
- Cardiac, Pulmo and Stroke Rehabilitation
- Muscle Energy Technique
- Neuro Development Training
- High Velocity Thrust Manipulation
- Sensory integration
- Proprioceptive training
- Work station ergonomic training
- Lifestyle disorders management
- Weight reduction program
- Myofascial and trigger point release techniques
- Antenatal and prenatal programs
- Early intervention programs- neonates and paediatrics
Occupational therapists (OTs) work with people of all ages. OTs provide specialized assistance to lead independent and productive life. They also deal with the people suffering with physical disability/impairment, developmental delay, poor socialization or emotional problems.
- Various physical disabilities specifically related to arms and hands
- Various neurological deficits specifically related to arms and hands
- Developmental pediatrics (specific to motor area)
- Psychoeducation and counselling
Speech and language pathology services include identification, evaluation and treatment of acquired and congenital communication disorders. Speech language pathologist also evaluate and treat swallowing problem and hearing problems.
- Diagnostic speech and language evaluations
- Diagnostic swallowing evaluations
- Speech therapy for speech and language disorders
- Diagnostic Audiological Evaluation
- Electrophysiological Testing (ABR, OAE’s)