Paediatric surgery services encompass the surgical care of newborns, infants, children and adolescents to the age of 18 years.
Our Paediatric surgeon approaches in a caring, child-centred manner, taking into consideration the best, and least invasive treatment for the child, as well as the wishes of the parents; in a child friendly environment with a team of paediatrically trained doctors and nursing staff.
- Antenatal counselling of unborn babies who have had a congenital abnormality diagnosed, including prognosis, appropriate time of delivery, appropriate method of delivery, appropriate place of delivery as well as care and surgery after birth.
- Surgeries to repair congenital abnormalities (birth defects) in babies such as atresia, congenital diaphragmatic hernias, anorectal malformations and many more.
- Surgeries for premature babies with intestinal infections
- Any general surgical procedures occurring in children such as appendicitis, gallbladder surgeries, hernia repairs, repairs of undescended testicles and intussusception.
- Surgeries for cancers in children.
- Laparoscopic surgeries in children.
- Endoscopic procedures in children, such as gastroscopies
- Emergency surgeries for acutely ill children.
- Trauma surgery in children.
- Management of surgical conditions such as constipation and reflux