The Dietetics Department is an essential component within a multidisciplinary team caring for our patients. Our dietetics team aim to empower our guests and their care givers with skills and knowledge to make appropriate dietary choices and the nutrition therapy provided is dependent on the guests’ medical conditions, nutrition issues, and the nature and complexity of care required. The department also works closely with our Food and Beverage department to ensure wholesome, nutritious meals are provided to our guests aiding in their recovery during their stay with us.
Inpatient and Outpatient Services
An initial nutrition assessment will be performed by the dietitian and a nutrition care plan is formulated based on the diagnosed nutrition issues. Guest and their caregiver will also receive nutrition education and/or counselling, where indicated, based on the individual nutrition care plan to meet the nutritional goals.
- Critically ill
- mechanical ventilation requiring non-oral nutrition therapy
- Gastrointestinal disease
- Crohn’s disease, diverticular disease, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), GERD and etc.
- Diabetes mellitus, gestational diabetes
- Eating disorders
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Heart failure
- Hyperlipidemia (high blood cholesterol)
- Kidney disease
- chronic kidney disease, pre-dialysis, hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis
- loss of appetite, poor diet, unintentional weight loss
- Weight management
- overweight, underweight, bariatric surgery
- Post-surgery for optimal nutrition and wound healing
- Swallowing impairment (Dysphagia)
- modified consistency diet
- Tube feeding
- nasogastric, percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG), and etc.
- Conduct nutrition talks and workshops for patients/caregivers, public, and corporate partners
- Organize and support nutrition-related health events for our staff, patients and public to promote the importance of good nutrition in disease prevention and management