Nephrology (Renal Medicine) is a specialty dedicated to the study of kidney function and kidney problems, the preservation of kidney health, and the treatment of kidney problems, from diet and medication to renal replacement therapy (dialysis and kidney transplantation).
Department of Nephrology at Tree Top Hospital is dedicated to provide the highest quality care and improve the delivery of renal medicine healthcare in our community. We take a multidisciplinary approach to ensure that each patient receives individualized care and we carry out appropriate diagnosis, medical and surgical management as well as dialysis and pre and post follow up transplantation.
Our team has expertise in all fields of kidney disease including but not limited to:
- Acute kidney failure
- Chronic kidney failure stage 1-5
- Diabetic nephropathy
- Glomerular and Autoimmune disease
- Nephrolithiasis (Kidney stones)
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Essential and Secondary hypertension
- Electrolyte abnormalities
- Hereditary kidney disease
- Pre-transplant evaluation and post-transplant follow up long term for kidney transplant patient and living kidney donors
- Haemodialysis Unit. Our unit have all to provide high-volume haemodiafiltration (HDF). This is the first time in the Maldives and one of only few centers in Southern Asia capable of giving this therapy that is associated with better patient outcomes, including survival.
- 24-hour emergency dialysis services
- Nephrology Critical Care
- Immunosuppressive treatment
- Renal biopsy
- Temporary and permanent venous catheter access.
- Created dialysis vascular access
- Educational programs for prevention and promote “kidney health”