Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory at Tree Top Hospital is equipped with state of the art machines for diagnostic testing by cardiac catheterization, and coronary intervention with angioplasty. Guests in need of emergency coronary intervention have access to this service on a 24/7 basis.
Cardiac catheterization, is a procedure in which a “catheter” (a long narrow tube) is inserted into your artery and/or vein and is guided into your heart. Special x-ray dye is then injected which allows your doctor to see the chambers, valves, and coronary arteries in your heart on an x-ray monitor screen.
The procedures that are undertaken in the Cardiac Cath Lab include:
- Diagnostic angiography
- Heart studies including congenital studies
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (Stenting) including radial PCI
- ASD/PFO/PDA closures/valvuloplasties
- Complex structural interventions including congenital
- TAVI/transfemoral/apical aortic valve implantation
- Electrophysiology studies
- Electrophysiological ablation procedures
- Pulmonary vein isolation
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator