- Joint Replacement Surgery
- Sports Medicine Surgery
- Shoulder Surgery
- Knee Surgery
Dr. Kanniraj Marimuthu specializes in Joint Replacement Surgery, Sports Medicine Surgery, Shoulder Surgery and Knee Surgery. He completed his MBBS from Madras Medical College, India followed by Orthopaedic training (MS Ortho) in the Orthopaedic department of Sawai Man Singh Medical College, India. During his training he was awarded the “All India Best Resident Orthopaedic Surgeon Award “by Bombay Orthopaedic Society for his clinical and academic excellence.
Dr. Kanniraj has worked at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS, New Delhi) as a Senior Resident Orthopaedic Surgeon specializing in joint replacement and arthroscopic surgery. He was awarded the first prize for research paper by Young Orthopaedic Surgeons by Delhi Orthopaedic Association (DOACON 2011) for his work on giant cell tumors of bone. He was also accepted for Australian Orthopaedic Association accredited fellowship training in Australia. Dr. Kanniraj was among the few Indians to have been accepted at Clinique Générale, Annecy, France the pioneer centre for shoulder surgery in the world. He developed the Shoulder TRAC Exercise Program for non-operative treatment of various shoulder problems.
Dr. Kanniraj has numerous publications in International Orthopaedic Journals and several chapters in textbooks including chapter on Revision hip replacement in “Textbook of Orthopaedics” by Indian Orthopaedic Association. His “Patient Centric” approach places the patients and their wellbeing, at the centre of decision making and the treatment plan is individualized to suit each person and his condition.
Dr. Kanniraj will be available as a monthly Visiting Consultant at Tree Top Hospital.
- MBBS, Madras Medical College, India
- MS, Orthopaedics, Sawai Mansingh Medical College, India
- DNB – Orthopedics/Orthopedic Surgery, National Borad of Examinations, Ministry of Health, India
- Australian Orthopaedics Association Accredited Fellowship
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Apollo Specialty Hospitals, India
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, SIMS Hospital, India
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Parvathy Ortho Hospital, India
- Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Indian Arthroscopy Society
- Indian Medical Association